Harddisc formating

Hello,

yesterday I tried to repartition and format my 40GB Harddisc but
for partitions >2GB it says:
'File size limit exceeded'

I tried with a Sun Disklabel, with Dos Label, logged in via ssh, made su -
logged in as root, tried ext2 and ext3, - still same error.

I have a UltraSparc10 with debian/sid 2.4.17 running. Is this a kernel
related 'feature', because the disc was running with a 40GB partition on
ext3 before yesterday.

Any hints are welcome

regards
--
Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz, presently intern at
Tecnomatix Technologies Germany | Tel: +49 711 1389- 257

This mail sent through IMP: webmail.fht-esslingen.de