X11R6

I couldn't come close to getting X to start with potato.
I thought it was the kernel so I upgraded the kernel.
It wasn't the kernel. I thought the reason X worked under
RedHat6.2 worked was because it had a much later kernel.
I was wrong. sparc RH6.2 has a 2.2.14-5 kernel. I hate having
to run Redhat but there it is: it just worked and it
worked without any tweaking the first time I typed
startx. This is with a 24 bit ZX (leo) framebuffer.
I'd still rather be running Debian.
--
Matthew Herzog			Unix Administrator
mherzog@mediaone.net            Powered by NetBSD