Re: different packages compared to intel?

No need to CC to me (or the list) anymore - I am subscribed now.

<offtopic>
I am just Debianing for about 2 days now, but I really started liking
it. I am still a little confused about dselect, but "apt-get install"
works fine - and even if I have to figure out many things that are
different from my good old SuSE it is going to be "learning-fun"
BTW - if you have any short RTFM-Links on how to do a new kernel on
debian/sparc (as I found a SparcStation20 with two processors on campus
(- is smp supported for sparcs?)) send them by PM... ;)
</offtopic>

+-Ben Collins-(bcollins@debian.org)-[29.08.00 15:57]:
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 07:19:48PM +0200, Thomas 'Balu' Walter wrote:
> > As I am just trying to do a linuxfromscratch.org-install on that famous
> > IPX ;) (bash-static-compile took 45minutes). I am wondering which
> > packages differ between sparc and intel-systems usually (just a
> > minimal-base system)...
> >
> > As far as I figured out one of them is
> > silo <-> lilo
>
> sparc-utils

What is that a replacement for? binutils? What about bin86?

> Other than that, they are basically the same (excepting some i386 specific
> hardware packages like svgalib).

Those packages are far more than a minimalistic install anyway...

     Balu