Re: warnings about "Failed to insert for source by digest"

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> btw, description within mirror/farm-journal-expire says something about
> outputing to stdout, but as far as I can see it just operates on DB
> without any output actually (or am I wrong? I haven't ran it)
> I am yet to comprehend the lean farming mechanism ;)

That journal thing is just an ugly hack to make mirroring the farm more
efficient.  And it's not even very good at it.

The idea is that all files added to the farm are referenced in that
journal.

So then when you want to update a farm mirror you just need to tar up
the elements listed in the journal.

The journal-expire script just removes entries from the journal after a
day or two.