Re: [USER] DocBook with non-English labels?

On Wednesday 21 July 1999, at 16 h 5, the keyboard of Bart Schuller
<schuller@lunatech.com> wrote:

> I got it to work (also using the XML version) using the following
> mydocbook.dsl. Basically, (define %default-language% "fr") should be all
> that's needed.

It works. Thanks a lot.

The nice thing about SGML is its documentation. For something which was supposed to help people managing documentation :-( How did you find this parameter? I see it nowhere in <http://nwalsh.com/docbook/dsssl/doc>.

Next question: is there a way in the TeX output to use French typographical rules? (such as dashes instead of bullets for lists.) I do not want to reimplement babel in DSSSL and would prefer to just be able to \usepackage[francais]{babel}.