Re: [USER] DocBook with non-English labels?

On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 04:26:37PM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> The nice thing about SGML is its documentation. For something which
> was supposed to help people managing documentation :-( How did you
> find this parameter? I see it nowhere in
> <http://nwalsh.com/docbook/dsssl/doc>.

I don't remember. I fought with it for quite a while too. I think my
trusty grep and tcgrep (the perl recursive version) helped a lot.

> Next question: is there a way in the TeX output to use French
> typographical rules? (such as dashes instead of bullets for lists.) I
> do not want to reimplement babel in DSSSL and would prefer to just be
> able to \usepackage[francais]{babel}.

Pass. I do know that jadetex uses babel internally, but I've never even
looked at the jadetex source.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed