Re: How secure is an installation with with no non-free packages?

adrelanos:
> How secure is a Debian installation packages installed only from main,
> none from contrib or non-free?
>
> It will lack for example the firmware-linux-nonfree package and the
> intel-microcode / amd-microcode package. At least the microcode one is
> security relevant? Are there any other packages which might be important
> to have installed for security reasons?
>
> I mean, how secure is it in comparison with those packages installed vs
> not having them installed?

I apologize, I didn't want to start a discussion of Open Source vs
closed source. (Feel free to have it, I am delighted to read your
thoughts on it, but I'd be also happy about an answer to the question I
meant to ask but failed to properly state.) Sorry for not asking clear
in the first place.

To rephrase my original question:

How vulnerable is Debian installation without intel-microcode /
amd-microcode package?

Are there other contrib and/or non-free packages, similar to the
microcode package, which make the system vulnerable, if not installed?