Re: Debian LTS?

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 17:50:18 -0700 jordon@envygeeks.com wrote:

> > On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 09:50:12 +0100 Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> > If money were available, I'm sure there are plenty of skilled project
> > participants that are more than willing to accept it.  It could even be
> > incentive- rather than person-based; something like $500 per LTS DSA to
> > whoever gets it done first.
>
> Offering $500 to an admin who is already overworked and understaffed isn't
> enough incentive.  TBH, as an Admin myself, I would rather be offered some
> new computer and some time off then any money at all, we aren't broke,
> just over worked.

I don't think the security team considers themselves admins, but anyway, the
amount of money that could be offered by a foundation will likely be modest,
and $500 seemed like a reasonable guess, but who knows until its actually
tried.  Note that $500 is already quite a bit better than the current $0 that
volunteers get for issuing DSAs at present.

Best wishes,
Mike