Re: HELP, my Debian Server was hacked!

While the earlier advice is probably the best advice, don't forget to run
chkrootkit.

I recently had the same thing happen to one of my machines. I've found  a
kit in /dev/proc/fuckit

The total nuking of /log makes this look like a very amature job.  If they
were hot they would edit the appropriate logs and retouch the dates ect
leaving less blatant signs.

I can't totally rule out a physical hack as it is an office machine, but
it it was network I really want to know what in sarge can be so blatently
abused.  (nightly apt-get update && apt-get upgrade)

David.