Re: cfengine client behind NAT

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 01:03:11PM +0200, Ivo Marino wrote:
> I'm getting connection refused by the cfd (cfservd) daemon, the firewall
> allows me to connect. It seems that cfd isn't able to authenticate due
> to the fact the my Ip address is natted.

Are you using the rather extensive debug output capabilities to see
what is happening? You can manually run cfservd on the target with
debug on and watch the authentication happening; also run your
client side with debug in another window to see what it think is
happening.

I've tracked down some difficult problems that way.

If you really go deep and run it in gdb, I'll attest that the
author is quite happy with reports on where errors are
occurring.