Re: ptrace exploit

On sabato 12 aprile 2003, alle 16:48, Markus Kolb wrote:
> >Nono, that's not what I'm asking... My question is, literally, _why_
> >doesn't woody have such a patch? (I applied it on my systems, I'm just
> >wondering why there isn't an official patch for this (Official for
> >Debian).
>
> Perhaps, because there was no bug report against these packages?!

There's a bug report.

For what i can see, there's the 2.4.20-patched in proposed-updated.
Maybe, this is the reason.

Or, 'cause the patch is actually a workaround, some software (say
netsaints, or nagios, i don't remember), dislike this "new bugfix" and
doesn't work.

--
Faith:  "Gee, if doing violence to vampires upsets you, I think you're in the
wrong line of work."