Re: own kernel vs debian kernel (was: ptrace exploit)

On Sábado, 12 de Abril de 2003 14:35, Dale Amon wrote:
> I usually build on a different machine than the target one as servers
> or firewalls usually don't need gcc and such, which I remove from them
> where possible.

In machines where you don't need modules, I guess you just compile and then
copy to the target machine the bzImage and the System.map . In case you _do_
need modules, do you copy bzImage, System.map and all the modules dir to the
target machine?

Just to be sure, 'cos I'm thinking of doing it that way in lots of machines I
own.

Thanks

	Pope
--