Re: Where to install the firewall scripts

bong sabolboro, 2002-Dec-15 19:43 -0800:
> All of these discussions deal with the rules.  Where
> would one place the routing and forwarding commands
> considering they should be last to be activated after
> rules have been set up, in case="start" of
> /etc/init.d/networking?

Here's the order of my iptables script:

1.  set variables and do file exec tests (test -x /sbin/iptables)
2.  load modules (ipt_MASQUERADE, ipt_state, etc.)
3.  build chains (add rules)
    a.  set default policies for my chains
    b.  enable forwarding
    c.  add INPUT rules