Re: BibTeX file from debian/upstream data (Was: New Debian Science metapackages)

On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 07:24:12AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

>   Type: A BibTeX entry type (http://www.bibtex.org/Format/) indicating what is
>     cited. Typical values are article, book, or inproceedings. [To be discussed].
>     In case this field is not present, article is assumed.
>
>   http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata#Fields

Sounds very reasonable.  I'll try to implement the parsing today.  Do we
have an example upstream file featuring such a type field?  (Would be better
for checking.

By the way regarding the "Cite-As" like values discussed above:  BibTex throws
the follwing warnings when processing the debian.bib file (which I announced in
the other mail):

$ bibtex debian
This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (TeX Live 2009/Debian)
The top-level auxiliary file: debian.aux
The style file: plain.bst
Database file #1: debian.bib
Warning--to sort, need author or key in pymol
Warning--empty author in pymol
Warning--empty journal in pymol
Warning--empty year in pymol
Warning--empty journal in r-bioc-limma
Warning--there's a number but no volume in primer3
(There were 6 warnings)

I think we actually have the case where we need a

   Type: book

for r-bioc-limma and I need to propagate the "In" field to debian.bib.
In the case of pymol this is a "Cite-As" type of reference which might
not fit properly into BibTeX scheme.