Re: embedded movies in PDF

I had troubles with that in past, so I was looking for alternatives...

Anyway you are (partially) right.
Including .mpg or .mp4 with \movie from the multimedia package produces a PDF file that okular can play back correctly.

acroread (9.4.2 from debian-multimedia) however cannot handle it, complaining that "it is not a supported file type. Would you like to choose a replacement file?"

So it's solved for me since I can use okular, but I guess we could all benefit from knowledge of what file formats acroread can play back.

Matteo