Re: Grid tasks

Martin Quinson <martin.quinson@loria.fr> writes:

> Le lundi 16 mars 2009 à 14:28 +0100, Steffen Moeller a écrit :
> > What we should possibly start with is a set of tags for the debtags initiative that is
> > grid-related.

Can you propose some possible tags.

> Definitely. Another argument against a meta-package is that only one of
> these non-compatible middleware will be mandatory for the end user. I
> fail to see how a metapackage could help.

Do you think that
1) http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/Physics
is helpful?

What about:
2) http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/physics.html
and
3)  http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/bugs/physics.html

If you do think that 2 or 3) is useful, can you explain why you think
a grid task is different.

> On the contrary, tags help searching for all of them to compare before
> choosing, with is really welcomed.

It would be great - but the last time I started that discussion[1] it
didn't come to firm conclusions about a way to proceed. Perhaps you
have some suggestions - both for grid packages and science in general.

Chris

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2008/09/msg00007.html is a
good place to start.