Re: SciPy and xplt/gplt/plt issue : a Newbie question

On 1/4/07, Philippe Saade <psaade@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everybody,

i'm a newbie in scientific computation and plotting.
I need your help for a *very* stupid problem : i'm trying to use
python and Scipy package (on Ubuntu, python v2.4).

While read and practicing "Scipy Tutorial", a can't plot anything
because plt/xplt/gplt modules are not known to my python.

I tried
from scipy.xplt import *
[...]

and many other apt-get install

but i don't understand where are the plotting functions hidden...

Can anybody give me a hint

xplt is in the "sandbox" (e.g., experimental) and may not have been built
in the binaries you have.  Matplotlib is an alternative plotting package, and
there are examples showing how to convert xplt scripts to use matplotlib.

--
George N. White III <aa056@chebucto.ns.ca>
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia