Re: HDF/HDF5

  mm> Perhaps the most important advantage of using something like HDF
  mm> is that it provides a "self describing" data file.  If you are
  mm> going to need to associate even a few bits of meta-data with
  mm> your data,

I am, like "channel number", "sampling rate", "data/time stamp", etc.

  mm> something like HDF is likely to save you some headaches later on.

Glad to see you encouraging the use of HDF!

For some reason, I really want to use it (but must justify the
added complexity of and dependencies in my application).

Thanks for your comments,

  -Kenneth