Giving higher priority to your sponsorship requests (Was: RFS: ruby-text)

On 14/10/11 at 16:16 +0200, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> Hi,
> new tentative to find a fellow DD to sponsor the package ruby-text
> (0.2.0-1). This is a dependency package for the ruby-cassiopee package
> (waiting in new packages for the moment).
>
> Someone already had a first review on it, now I would need someone to
> check/upload it.

Hi,

Like with many teams in Debian, the sponsoring of uploads is a
bottleneck in the Debian Ruby team.

If you want DDs to look at your packages, the easiest way to do it is to
take some work off DDs where you can. This means:

- migrating the packages that still have to be migrated according to
  http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/wheezy/details.html

- doing some of the tasks that can be inferred from
  http://pet.debian.net/pkg-ruby-extras/pet.cgi such as:
  + updating packages to newer upstream versions
  + fixing bugs

- reviewing other people's packages when they ask for reviews

None of those tasks are particularly difficult, and they are all a good
way to learn. If you don't do any of the above, your packages will still
eventually be sponsored, but you should not complain, or ask every few
days about sponsorship. Just be patient.

Lucas