Re: Giving higher priority to your sponsorship requests (Was: RFS: ruby-text)

Lucas Nussbaum escreveu isso aí:
> On 14/10/11 at 16:16 +0200, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> > Hi,
> > new tentative to find a fellow DD to sponsor the package ruby-text
> > (0.2.0-1). This is a dependency package for the ruby-cassiopee package
> > (waiting in new packages for the moment).
> >
> > Someone already had a first review on it, now I would need someone to
> > check/upload it.
>
> Hi,
>
> Like with many teams in Debian, the sponsoring of uploads is a
> bottleneck in the Debian Ruby team.
>
> If you want DDs to look at your packages, the easiest way to do it is to
> take some work off DDs where you can. This means:
>
> - migrating the packages that still have to be migrated according to
>   http://pkg-ruby-extras.alioth.debian.org/wheezy/details.html
>
> - doing some of the tasks that can be inferred from
>   http://pet.debian.net/pkg-ruby-extras/pet.cgi such as:
>   + updating packages to newer upstream versions
>   + fixing bugs
>
> - reviewing other people's packages when they ask for reviews
>
> None of those tasks are particularly difficult, and they are all a good
> way to learn. If you don't do any of the above, your packages will still
> eventually be sponsored, but you should not complain, or ask every few
> days about sponsorship. Just be patient.

Seconded.

Personally I use the mailing list as a TODO list, so having more than
one message asking sponsorship for the same package makes it a little
harder for me to figure out what actually needs my attention.

A follow-up to the ML saying that the package already got sponsored
off-list (e.g. through IRC) also helps. ;-)

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>