Packaging Depends For Tests/Examples

Hi,

I have another packaging question, which is not exclusively ruby
related, but I don't see a "general" packaging mailing list, except
maybe policy, but I think this is more a judgement call than a matter of
policy.

If a lib ships with examples/tests that require extra dependencies to
run, would you normally add those superficial depends and include them,
or include the files and document the extra dependencies somewhere, or
separate them into a different package or something?

Just wondering if there is some established convention on this.

Thanks,
Will