Re: emacs24 got freeze exception, what happens to emacs add-ons?

"Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> writes:

> It would work, but it's not exactly ideal for future updates,
> particularly in stable...

Right.  During debconf, with some help, I was able to track down the
problem.  It turns out that Emacs was checking errno after a number of
floating point operations, including fabs(), but because fabs() doesn't
have any error conditions, it's not guaranteed to leave errno alone --
and as you might imagine, on murphy, it wasn't.

In any case, the fix is trivial, and I'll upload a -3 shortly that
includes it.  After that, I'll foward a diff between -1 and -3 to
debian-release, and then you can decide what you'd like to do.

It will be a very small diff, just the addition of [linux-any] to the
libselinux1-dev build-dep, and this fabs/errno adjustment.

Thanks for the help
--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org