Re: Updating debian/control at build time

Hi,

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 20:28:58 +0200, Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> wrote:
> Hallo Joachim,
>
> am Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:24:30PM +0530 hast du folgendes geschrieben:
>> Am Dienstag, den 26.04.2011, 17:41 +0200 schrieb Christoph Berg:
>> > I'd still prefer an more or
>> > less official answer to the original question :)
>> I’m also interested in that, as we have a lot of duplication across the
>> debian/control files of haskell packages and if there is a chance for
>> policy-compliant automation, I’d like to hear about it.
>>
>> One problem with not hard-coding the names of the built packages in
>> debian/control is that dpkg-buildpackage -S is still supposed to list
>> the names of generated binaries in the .dsc file.
>
> preparing a debian/control file with scripts pre dpkg-buildpackage
> producing a source package is fine.  Modifying it during a binary build
> isn't.

thats what I thought. In summary: It is not possible to move common
control-related logic into a central package like haskell-devscripts that
allows for changes in debian/control to be effected without a change to
the
individual source packages (e.g. by uploading the source unmodified, or a
hypothetical source-nmu).  (This is not a complaint, just an observation.)

Greetings from Leh, where SMS are banned due to terrorism and even
high-class hotels have not internet connection...
Joachim