Re: Updating debian/control at build time

Hallo Joachim,

am Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 10:24:30PM +0530 hast du folgendes geschrieben:
> Am Dienstag, den 26.04.2011, 17:41 +0200 schrieb Christoph Berg:
> > I'd still prefer an more or
> > less official answer to the original question :)
> I’m also interested in that, as we have a lot of duplication across the
> debian/control files of haskell packages and if there is a chance for
> policy-compliant automation, I’d like to hear about it.
>
> One problem with not hard-coding the names of the built packages in
> debian/control is that dpkg-buildpackage -S is still supposed to list
> the names of generated binaries in the .dsc file.

preparing a debian/control file with scripts pre dpkg-buildpackage
producing a source package is fine.  Modifying it during a binary build
isn't.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager