Re: please do bin-nmus for shogun and numpy

Hi all,

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 22:58, Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 2010-07-25 at 22:27 +0200, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
>> Dear ftp-masters,
>
> *double checks which list this is* :-)

:)

>> due to a API change in numpy the packages
>>
>> shogun
>> h5py
>>
>> need a bin-nmu on all archs where numpy 1.4 is available.
>
> AFAICS, that's "everywhere except alpha";

just to make it explicit (i didn't file a bug report only because of
laziness and short of time): upstream is aware of the problem and also
of the FTBFS and will work on it soon (he already fix the FTBFS on
powerpc, so I expect something soon :) ).

> scheduled.

Thanks for doing this, but sadly it's not enough: the packages needs
to have a versioned depends on python-numpy (at least >= 1.4.1), to
avoid breakage on partial upgrades, and that requires a sourceful
upload AFAIK.

Anyhow, I plan to report bugs on the involved packages in the very
next days (hopefully tomorrow) with the proposal at [1].

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2010/07/msg00048.html

Any comments or suggestions are very welcome and appreciated.

Regards,