Re: Seeking pre-approval for unifont update for Lenny
On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 02:29:44PM -0700, Paul Hardy wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 7:48 AM, Adeodato Simó <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > unifont/1:5.1.20080808-1 unblocked.
> Robert Millan just informed me via Bug #494473 (Severity: Important)
> that the latest version of GRUB depends on the file
> being present.
No no, not the latest. It's the other way around! The dependency on this
file is stablished since 2007, right after I added it to unifont in an NMU.
The version currently in testing provides unifont.hex, but 1:5.1.20080808-1
If 1:5.1.20080808 migrates before unifont.hex is included, it will cause
breakage in existing grub2 packages in Lenny in case they are recompiled.
> Can a "-2" version of "unifont" be uploaded that contains that file?
> If so, what should the timeframe be? Would it be best to fix GRUB
> quickly, or best to wait a few days and see if anything else is
If unifont.hex is added back for -2, I have no objection in using it for
Lenny. But please let me know when it is uploaded so I can test it.
The DRM opt-in fallacy: "Your data belongs to us. We will decide when (and
how) you may access your data; but nobody's threatening your freedom: we
still allow you to remove your data and not access it at all."