Re: Seeking pre-approval for unifont update for Lenny

On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 02:29:44PM -0700, Paul Hardy wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 7:48 AM, Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> wrote:
> >
> > unifont/1:5.1.20080808-1 unblocked.
> >
> Robert Millan just informed me via Bug #494473 (Severity: Important)
> that the latest version of GRUB depends on the file
>
>      /usr/share/unifont/unifont.hex
>
> being present.

No no, not the latest.  It's the other way around!  The dependency on this
file is stablished since 2007, right after I added it to unifont in an NMU.

The version currently in testing provides unifont.hex, but 1:5.1.20080808-1
does not.

If 1:5.1.20080808 migrates before unifont.hex is included, it will cause
breakage in existing grub2 packages in Lenny in case they are recompiled.

> Can a "-2" version of "unifont" be uploaded that contains that file?
> If so, what should the timeframe be?  Would it be best to fix GRUB
> quickly, or best to wait a few days and see if anything else is
> reported?

If unifont.hex is added back for -2, I have no objection in using it for
Lenny.  But please let me know when it is uploaded so I can test it.

--
Robert Millan