From: Francesco Paolo Lovergine <frankie@debian.org>
To: debian-kernel@lists.debian.org
Subject: Status of kernel-patches in sarge

I'm performing an ongoing activity to check the applicability of current
kernel-patches against sarge kernel-sources for 2.4.27 and 2.6.8.

An almost complete summary is available at

http://people.debian.org/~frankie/kernel-patches-checks.txt

As you can see, there are a few patches which cannot be used
with neither 2.4.27 nor 2.6.8. Marked patches should be simply RC bugged
and hinted for remove if not aligned properly.

I would also point that too often patch names differes from their kernel-patch names,
without justification. I'm working on a little script to do this kind of
light check automatically, too.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine