Re: Uninstallable Packages

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 04:10:22AM +0900, ehikory@mail.goo.ne.jp wrote:
> I wrote:
> >     Also, the "testing problems" output seems overzealous in marking
> > packages uninstallable, as I was able to sucessfully simulate installation
> > (sudo apt-get -s install foo) of the following, regardless of their also
> > being listed as uninstallable on eleven architectures, including my own.
> >
> > odontolinux (0.6.1-7)
> > phppgadmin (3.2.1-1)
> > sourceforge (2.5-37)
>
> Colin Watson wrote:
> > The output seems quite correct; all of these packages depend on
> > php4-pgsql, which is indeed uninstallable in testing, since it needs a
> > newer version of php4. You must have a newer version of php4 installed
> > locally.
>
>     I have no version of php4 installed locally.  The version of php4-pgsql
> in testing (3:4.1.2-4) depends on zendapi-20010901, which is provided
> by either php4 4:4.1.2-6 in testing, or 4:4.1.2-6woody3 from the stable
> security archives, both of which are installable on my system according
> to apt.

Ah, I got the reason wrong. Here's output from a testing machine I run:

  $ sudo apt-get -s install php4-pgsql
  Reading Package Lists... Done
  Building Dependency Tree... Done
  or been moved out of Incoming.

  that package should be filed.

    php4-pgsql: Depends: libpgsql2 (>= 7.2) but it is not installable
  E: Broken packages

libpgsql2 is only in stable, no longer in testing.

> If not an issue with the testing problems script, perhaps with
> the apt-get -s install dependency analysis?

Let me suggest a slight variation on my original guess. :) Do you still
have libpgsql2 installed?

Cheers,