Re: Package lilibartsc0-dev

Hi,

Alle domenica 29 gennaio 2012, Jaime Robles ha scritto:
> I am trying to update the tucnak package but it is using
> libartsc0-dev... I have seen that libartsc0-dev has been removed from
> the archive.

aRTs has been unmaintained for many years, and the only "big user" of it
was KDE up to version 3.x.

> Although I have been looking for the replace package, I have been
> unable to find it.

There's no direct replacement for it, although any other multimedia
system/library could do it (depending on what you need to do, of
course).

> I have sent an email to the upstream for information but at the same
> time I would thank you if you could tell me if the package has been
> renamed/replaced or simply removed and there is no way to keep
> packages with that libraries in Debian... ¿?

Just disable the arts usage in your packages; if they need arts to
compile and work, I'm afraid you'll need to patch them.

--
Pino Toscano