Re: Qt 4.7.2 in Wheezy?

Piotr Dąbrowski wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just would like to ask when can we expect Qt 4.7.2 to be moved into
> Wheezy?
>
> Thanks,
> Piotr Dąbrowski

Hi Piotr,

As very often in Debian, the answer is "When it's ready." :-)

In technical words, the answer is more like: "When all the problems
mentioned on the Testing excuses page for Qt4x-11 [0] are solved.".

Current issues can be seen on the "buildd page for qt4-x11 and qtwebkit"
[1],
which shows e.g. that qtwebkit fails to build on armel and the kfreebsd's;
qt4-x11 fails to build on s390, etc. Migration to testing will not happen
before the architectures coverage is on par with the current testing status
[2].

These issues are currently under investigation and I'm sure the people in
charge would be happy to receive your help to solve those issues.

Cheers,

OdyX

[0] http://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=qt4-x11
[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=qt4-
x11%2Cqtwebkit&suite=sid&compact=compact
[2] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=qt4-
x11&suite=testing&compact=compact