Re: Newbie but nevertheless sincere- replacing Xandros GUI on Asus 900a with KDE

Hi Bill,

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 04:38:49PM -0700, Bill Maher wrote:

> Hello-
>
> I've been attempting to do the above, but I get error messages regarding libraries and 1386's.
>
> file:///export/repository/gnusolaris1/  kdelibs  trunk  gives me:
>
> file:///export/repository/gnusolaris1/dists/kdelibs/trunk/binary-i386/Packages.gz: File not found
>
> I also get:
>
> W: Couldn't stat source package list file: kdelibs/trunk Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/_export_repository_gnusolaris1_dists_kdelibs_trunk_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
>
> I guess I'm looking for the repository that these i386 packages are in.
>
> None of the "how to" articles regarding changing the "easy" desktop GUI work for me.  Those are all written for the eee 701, and I have a 900a.  The answer to this is not on the net.
>
> So if you could point me to these repositories, and any other repositories that are stable and might have neat things in them, I'd appreciate  it.

First, KDE users mailint list is:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/

Second, what does contain yout /etc/apt/sources.list and what kde (and debian
suite: stable, testing, unstable) do you want to install?

Debian repositories are something like:
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ lenny main

Please, continue in the user's mailing list.

Ana