Re: Qt library without STL support?

Wednesday 12 May 2004 23:15, Dominique Devriese rašė:
> I've asked Madkiss this before, and even sent him the trivial patch
> that changes it iirc, but he never told me the reason for keeping it
> as is.

Personaly, I have a guess. Rebuilding Qt also requires rebuilding every app
(well, maybe not all of them, only those with own plugins) that depends on
libqt (the reason is described in "Qt Plugins HOWTO" in official Qt docs).

Anyway, that's only a guess. Martin, Ralf where are you? Please, give as an
explanation and we'll give you a break :)

> IMHO, -no-stl is wrong, and it is no longer recommended by KDE

I agree. I've checked: Red Hat, Mandrake, SuSE, Xandros – all have STL enabled
Qt, only Slackware hasn't.

--
Marius Žalinauskas