Re: Qt library without STL support?

Marius  writes:

> Hello, Can anyone tell me why Qt library is build without STL
> support in Debian (at least in Sarge and Sid)?

> I've done some search in Debian BTS. This was reported as important
> bug in
> #194475 and #242633. #194475 is 354 (!) days old and #242633 is 34
> #days old.
> None of reports where answered by maintainer.

> I've also searched debian-qt-kde and debian-kde mailing lists, but
> results did not satisfied me (they say people need STL support, but
> it's unclear why library is built without it).

I've asked Madkiss this before, and even sent him the trivial patch
that changes it iirc, but he never told me the reason for keeping it
as is.  IMHO, -no-stl is wrong, and it is no longer recommended by KDE
for qt-copy.  Also look at the following log entries of
qt-copy/README.qt-copy:

  revision 1.209
  date: 2003/04/24 11:52:00;  author: faure;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2
  Well we can't really recommend -no-stl anymore then.

  revision 1.252
  date: 2004/04/01 20:17:39;  author: faure;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -2
  The configure line was there twice in this file - once with -no-stl
  and once without it.
  The cvs history shows that after the kde-core-devel discussion (where
  it was agreed to remove -no-stl),
  it was only removed from one of the two places.
  -> let's have the options in only one place.

Madkiss, can you please tell us your reasons for not changing it ?

thanks
domi