Re: Struggling with dpkg-buildpackage with kdebase (latest CVS)

On Sunday 28 December 2003 12:13, Achim Bohnet wrote:

> Normally KDE docs are installed into /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML (note
> additional kde/ subdir).  HTML dir is one of the dirs where KDEs
> 'everything below one prefix' does not match FHS with prefix set to
> /usr.

> > I wrote ...

> > The relevent piece of makefile in kdebase/admin/Doxyfile.am seems to be
> > the following.
> >

> >                if test ! -x $(top_builddir)/apidocs/common; then \
> >                         if test -d $(top_srcdir)/doc/common; then \
> >                            common_dir=`cd $(top_srcdir)/doc/common &&
> > pwd` ;\ else \
> >                            common_dir=$(kde_libs_htmldir)/en/common ;\
> >                         fi ;\
> >                         $(LN_S) $$common_dir
> > $(top_builddir)/apidocs/common; \ fi ;\
> >

> I had a look at one of my debiandirs files and found only
>
> export kde_htmldir=/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML
> configkdevelop=...--with-kdelibsdoc-dir=/usr/share/doc/kdelibs3-doc/html...

The package that is created is from kdelibs is called kdelibs4-doc - so where
does your kdelibs3-doc come from?

> So kde_libs_htmldir is not set/exported and not defined for configkde.
>
> I've not installed kdelibs3-doc so can't check where it's docs are
> installed.

As I said above, this is kdelibs4-doc - but it appears to be installed into
/usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en

Although I can see the -with-kdelibsdoc-dir=/usr/share/doc/kdelibs3-doc/html
in the kdelibs/debian/debiandirs file from that package, I don't have
anything installed there when I install kdelibs4-doc from the .debs that I
made from kdelibs (or any of the other packages).

>Please check where kdelibs3-doc installs it's docu and add do
> configkde --with-kdelibsdoc-dir=/usr/share/doc/kdelibs?????/html.  I guess
> exporting additionaly kde_libs_htmldir in debiandirs does not hurt.

I added something to the kdebase/admin/debianrules file to create those extra
exports and configkde values

> Does this fix the problem?   If yes, kde-common/admin/debianrules needs to
> be updated.

No it doesn't - ther seems to be a problem with the link of something to
apidocs/common which causes particular files not to exist and give make
errors.  Here is the snippet of the output around the problem

cd /root/kdebase/obj-i386-linux && \
/usr/bin/make apidox
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/kdebase/obj-i386-linux'
make[2]: Entering directory `/root/kdebase/obj-i386-linux'
*** Creating API documentation main page
Warning: ignoring unsupported tag `ABBREVIATE_BRIEF       =' at line 79, file
Doxyfile
Warning: ignoring unsupported tag `XML_PROGRAMLISTING     =' at line 817, file
Doxyfile
Error: tag HTML_HEADER: header file `apidocs/common/mainheader.html' does not
exist
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/kdebase/obj-i386-linux'
include ../admin/Doxyfile.am
Making apidox in libkonq
make[2]: Entering directory `/root/kdebase/obj-i386-linux/libkonq'
make[3]: Entering directory `/root/kdebase/obj-i386-linux/libkonq'
ln: `../apidocs/common': File exists
Warning: ignoring unsupported tag `ABBREVIATE_BRIEF       =' at line 79, file
Doxyfile
Warning: ignoring unsupported tag `XML_PROGRAMLISTING     =' at line 817, file
Doxyfile
Error: tag HTML_HEADER: header file `../apidocs/common/header.html' does not
exist
make[3]: *** [apidox-am-yes] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/kdebase/obj-i386-linux/libkonq'
make[2]: *** [apidox] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/kdebase/obj-i386-linux/libkonq'
make[1]: *** [apidox] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/kdebase/obj-i386-linux'
make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2
kanger:~/kdebase#

--
Alan Chandler