Re: Packages which build-depend on libtool1.4

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 08:25:18AM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Andrew Pollock <apollock@debian.org> [2005-03-18 16:57]:
[...]
> IMHO they are important since libtool1.4 *will* be removed and then
> the bugs are serious.  The only reason we're keeping libtool1.4 for now is
> because those packages still use it.

One should not forget the fact that probably many more packages use the
libtool 1.4 files without needing to build-depend on it. Should there
ever be the need again to update those files (like we needed for arm
some time ago) we may need to upgrade them all to libtool 1.5 or
whatever. Not that we can do anything against that (keeping libtool 1.4
and any other version forever is obviously no option) but perhaps it
would be good to file wishlist bugs at a certain point to update those
packages (or preferably let upstream do it).

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/