Re: Questions about PAPT and the uploading process

Hi

Dne Wed, 06 Jan 2010 15:39:00 +0530
Umang <umang.me@gmail.com> napsal(a):

> 1.    I have read http://python-apps.alioth.debian.org/policy.html. It
> doesn't seem to indicate anything about filing an ITP. In all the RFSs I
> have seen here, there is an ITP mentioned. Do I need to file an ITP
> before I make an RFS? The package I am looking to upload is a new
> package and I am currently the only one working on it upstream.

Yes, this is general in Debian and nothing specific to PAPT.

Use http://mentors.debian.net/, it will provide you the message.

> 3.    I am using Ubuntu and have managed to make binary and source
> packages on Ubuntu successfully. I also maintain a PPA for this package
> and my source packages have compiled on the servers also. I have read
> that before I make an RFS, I should ensure that I am able to compile on
> Debian. Do I need to have Debian running as well? (With only 5 GB of
> space left on my 40 GB hard drive, it's going to be hard for me to get
> Debian)

You can use pbuilder to build your package.

> 4.    Do I have to put my debian dir on the svn repo before I make an RFS?

It is good idea to have it in svn from beginning.

> 5.    lintian complains about my not using my full name in the package.
> Is that necessary? Is it bad if I use only my first name?

Yes, you should use your full name.