Fwd: [Debconf-discuss] personal debian badges to use on our website ?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 17:18:34 +0530
Subject: Re: [Debconf-discuss] personal debian badges to use on our website ?
To: alberto fuentes <pajaro@gmail.com>

in-line :-

On 08/12/2016, alberto fuentes <pajaro@gmail.com> wrote:
> This look like a really good idea. I still havent bought in the digital
> badges idea, but I like it.

Dear Alberto,
Thank you.

> Mozilla has something similar using open badges:
> https://backpack.openbadges.org/backpack/login

Was inspired by that as well :)

> Problem is ideas are many and time limited. Are you stepping forward to
> make it work? :)

I have taken the list out as I'm not sure about the implementation
details. Also I'm not a programmer but am blessed to have few web
programmers as friends who may be able to help.

 I have few questions, the answer to which might lead to creation of
some psuedo/sample code which then could be probably integrated into
the debconf flow .

a. How is the welcome message triggered, is it triggered via mail or
some button as in a yes/no button by the user ? I am asking about the
backend, not what is visible to the user.

The last step when that message gets fired in response should also
fire the badge too and the badge should be attached to the message

We probably wouldn't even need a database as the numbers are small,
less than 1000.

b. Is there a numbering scheme that we could use as a basis, should we
use . One idea is to use something like 'ddmmyyincrementnumber. If
that is good/ok then we would use that as a basis.

c. Should we also use gnu-barcode to change those numbers into barcode
or use qrcodes as those fonts are also available.

If we get the above details, I could discuss and have something on
github soonish

Let me know what you think ?

<snipped>

--