Re: Translate DPN into Greek

Hello Pavlos,

Le 29/11/2016 à 22:38, Pavlos K. Ponos a écrit :
> I would like to translate the recently issued DPN into Greek.

Great!

> Last time that I did the Greek translation (on May), Laura provided me
> with a .wml file. Is it doable to provide it or just send me a link
> where I can find the most updated version? I would prefer to work with
> such a file in a simple text editor instead of working with other file
> formats or online tools.

I attach the file to this message.
FYI, it is available on Alioth which you can access using a browser [1]
or CVS [2].

Thanks a lot for your work!
Thomas

[1]
https://alioth.debian.org/scm/viewvc.php/webwml/english/News/weekly/2016/04/?root=webwml
[2] https://www.debian.org/devel/website/using_cvs

#use wml::debian::projectnews::header PUBDATE="2016-11-28" SUMMARY="News on Debian Stretch, New FAI version, Upcoming events: Bug Squashing Parties, Reproducible Builds sprint, DebConf17, Bid deadline for DebConf18, Event Reports: Debian Day 2016 in Curitiba, MiniDebConf Cambridge 2016, Debian Video Team sprint, DebianEdu sprint, Debian contributors survey, Help the switch to elpa-* packages, Quick Links from Debian Social Media"

# $Id: index.wml,v 1.3 2016/11/29 22:45:48 jipege1-guest Exp $
# $Rev$

## substitute XXX with the number (expressed in letter) of the issue.
## please note that the var issue is not automagically localized, so
## translators need to put it directly in their language!
## example: <intro issue="fourth" />

## First new issue information, sharing links, etc..
## We should repeat this information until the 4th issue.

## Use &#35; to escape # for IRC channels
#

<intro issue="fourth" />
<toc-display/>

<toc-add-entry name="newdpn">Welcome to the Debian Project News!</toc-add-entry>

RSS-feeds the @debian profile in several social networks too.</p>

(<a href="$(HOME)/security/2016/">Security Advisories 2016</a>). Please
read them carefully and subscribe to the <a href="https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/";>security mailing
 list</a>.</p>

section which links to many of the posts made through our other media
streams.</p>

<toc-add-entry name="internal">Internal News/Happenings</toc-add-entry>

Debian <q>Stretch</q> has
its transition freeze. There will be no new library transitions or package
transitions that involve a large number of packages.

The Release Team maintains a <a href="https://release.debian.org/release-calendar.ics";>calendar</a>
with important dates. The next milestones are 5 December 2016 (forced 10-day
migration delay), 5 January 2017 (soft freeze, deadline for new source
packages or letting packages re-enter <q>Stretch</q>), and 5 February 2017
approval).

The Debian-Installer <q>Stretch</q> Alpha 8 release has been
Tests and reports to find bugs and further improve the installer are welcome.
Installer CDs, other media and everything else are
download</a>.

theme, by Juliette Taka Belin, will be the default artwork for Debian 9.
It was selected out of twelve candidates using a survey. Read our
for more details about the process and how to help in getting artwork
packaged for Debian.

release has been announced</a> of FAI 5.2, the new version of the
Fully Automatic Installation tool set, which now supports creating
disk images for virtual machines.
It uses the normal FAI process and it's very fast - using a small set
of packages the image can be created in less than 50 seconds. A first
version of a Google Compute Engine configuration is also provided.

<toc-add-entry name="events">Events: Upcoming and Reports</toc-add-entry>

On 4 December 2016 there will be a Bug Squashing Party in Dresden, Germany.
See the
page</a> for details.

There will be another BSP on the weekend of 27-29 January 2017
in Cambridge, UK.
More info on its <a href="https://wiki.debian.org/BSP/2017/01/gb/Cambridge";>wiki
page</a>.

There will be a
Builds summit in Berlin</a>
for three days on 13-15 December, with more than 50 attendees from 20
projects. The Debian participants will have a Reproducible Builds Sprint
during the event; details can be seen on the
page</a>.

The main goals are to discuss and hack on reproducible builds in <q>Stretch</q>,
plus longer term plans for Debian 10 <q>Buster</q>, and, together with the
wider community at the summit, to improve collaboration both within and between
projects, expand the scope and reach, and brainstorm design
of tools enabling end-users to get the most benefits from reproducible builds.

The 18th annual DebConf will take place in Montreal, Canada, 6-12 August 2017.
It will be preceded by DebCamp, 31 July to 4 August, and Debian Day, 5 August.

The DebConf team welcomes any contribution towards its organisation,
particularly looking for sponsors.
See the <a href="https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17";>wiki</a>
for more details on how you can help out, or have a look at the
brochure (PDF)</a>.

so you still can consider hosting DebConf in your city.
Taipei (Taiwan) and Curitiba (Brazil) already have early plans and they
also welcome any help in the preparation of their bids. See all the details
on the

On Saturday 13 August 2016, the Curitiba Livre Group organised a
meeting at Centro Universitário Uniandrade in Curitiba (Brazil) to
celebrate the twenty-third anniversary of the Debian Project.
Over the years from 2004 with Debian User Group Paraná to this year with Curitiba
Livre Group, the free software community in Curitiba has organised
several activities to celebrate this date, with the goal of contributing to
the project and returning some contributions to Debian, such as code,
translations from English to Portuguese, and also help with finding new
contributors.
For more details about this event, photos and links, see
from Debian Day 2016 in Curitiba - Brazil</a>.

A mini-DebConf took place in Cambridge, UK on 10-13 November 2016.
Details of the event, schedule, and photos are on their
wiki page</a>. There were live video streams, and the recordings are

A <a href="https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2016/DebConfVideoteamSprint20Nov2016";>Debian
Video Team sprint</a> happened on 17-20 November in Paris, France.
The main goals of the sprint were to work on the software
video mixer Voctomix, streamline the streaming infrastructure, assess the
Opsis boards, write documentation, and agree on the new hardware that needs
to be purchased.

held in Oslo, 25-27 November. See the
page</a> for details.

Debian was present at
Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, 19-21 October,
at <a href="https://lists.debian.org/debian-events-eu/2016/10/msg00004.html";>OpenRheinRuhr</a>,
Oberhausen, Germany, 5-6 November,
and at <a href="https://lists.debian.org/debian-events-nl/2016/08/msg00002.html";>T-DOSE 11th edition</a>,
Eindhoven, Netherlands, 12-13 November.

## Items pulled from the Timeline https://timeline.debian.net
## Jump to any random year/ same month/ same week.
## Provide link and link description.
## This may work better with a script at some point, but for now let us see
## what the ease of work is.

## Format - YYYY-MM-DD text

<ul>
<li>2008-11-28 <a href="https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=506402#10";>AGPL
deemed suitable for main</a></li>

<li>2008-11-13 <a href="https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/11/msg00003.html";>screenshots.debian.net
released</a></li>

<li>2006-11-23 <a href="https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=400000";>Bug
number 400000 reported by Christian Perrier</a></li>
</ul>

<toc-add-entry name="help">Help needed</toc-add-entry>

All Debian contributors - from bug reporters to Debian project
members and participants in any Debian team - are invited to take part
in the first edition of the
The deadline for participation is: 4 December 2016, at 23:59 UTC.
See more details in the
for participation mail</a>.

With the advent of GNU Emacs's native package manager, package.el,
there has been renewed interest in writing useful Emacs Lisp addons.
Unfortunately, both
itself</a> and
infrastructure that has grown up around it</a> leave a lot to be
desired when it comes to quality assurance and security.
Over the past year or so the pkg-emacsen team have been developing
tools to convert package.el packages to Debian packages, and it is now
quite easy to create new ones.  We'd like to see more Emacs users who
know at least the basics of creating Debian packages join our team.
To get started:

<ol>
 <li>join #debian-emacs</li>
 <li>apt-get install dh-make-elpa/experimental</li>
 <li>man dh-make-elpa # to view a quick start guide</li>
</ol>

## link= link to the mail report from wnpp@debian.org to debian-devel ML
## orphaned= number of packages orphaned according to $link
## rfa= number of packages up for adoption according to $link

<wnpp link="https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2016/11/msg00133.html";
    orphaned="989"
    rfa="153" />

## check https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=newcomer and add outstanding + forwarded + pending upload
Debian has a <q>newcomer</q> bug tag used to indicate bugs which are
suitable for new contributors to use as an entry point to working on
specific packages.

There are <a href="https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=newcomer";>185</a>
newcomer bugs available.

<toc-add-entry name="morethancode">More than just code</toc-add-entry>

## Visit the link below and pull the information manually.
1,898 people and 19 teams are listed on the <a href="https://contributors.debian.org/";>Debian Contributors</a> page for 2016.

For the contributors getting their maintainer or developer account in
Debian, you can follow our
in bits.debian.org</a>.

<toc-add-entry name="outside">Outside News</toc-add-entry>

Daniel Pocock attended the first summit of the Free Software Foundation
Europe (FSFE), and sent a
about it.

<toc-add-entry name="reports">Reports</toc-add-entry>
## It's easier to link to the monthly reports for the LTS section and the RB links rather than
# summarize each report or number of packages. Feel free to input this information if you need to fill
# the issue out
#

about the work of paid contributors to Debian Long Term Support.

href="https://reproducible.alioth.debian.org/blog/";>Reproducible

<toc-add-entry name="quicklinks">Quick Links from Debian Social Media</toc-add-entry>

This is an extract from the
which we have removed the topics already commented on in this DPN issue.
You can skip this section if you already follow <b>micronews.debian.org</b>
or the <b>@debian</b> profile in a social network (Pump.io, GNU Social, or
Twitter). The items are given unformatted, and in descending order by date
(recent news at the top).

Sorry for the long list, we expect to deliver these <q>digests</q> more
often in the future.

<ul>
<li>Quicker Debian-installer using eatmydata <a href="http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/Quicker_Debian_installations_using_eatmydata.html";>http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/Quicker_Debian_installations_using_eatmydata.html</a>
</li>
<li>
Did you see Debian mentioned in the media? Add the entry to our Press Coverage wiki page <a href="https://wiki.debian.org/PressCoverage2016";>https://wiki.debian.org/PressCoverage2016</a>
</li>
<li>
If you used to be a DD and want to access nm.debian.org (e.g. to reactivate your account), you can now do it using your Alioth credentials <a href="https://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2016/11/msg00026.html";>https://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2016/11/msg00026.html</a>
</li>
<li>
Páginas do Debian Women traduzidas para português <a href="http://softwarelivre.org/debianbrasil/blog/paginas-do-debian-women-traduzidas-para-portugues";>http://softwarelivre.org/debianbrasil/blog/paginas-do-debian-women-traduzidas-para-portugues</a>
</li>
<li>
"Google Summer of Code 2016 wrap-up: Debian" By Bruno Magalhães, published in the Google Open Source blog <a href="https://opensource.googleblog.com/2016/11/google-summer-of-code-2016-debian.html";>https://opensource.googleblog.com/2016/11/google-summer-of-code-2016-debian.html</a>
</li>
<li>
titanpad.com used by many Debian contributors is shutting down <a href="http://blog.titanpad.com/2016/11/shutting-down-titanpad_12.html";>http://blog.titanpad.com/2016/11/shutting-down-titanpad_12.html</a>
</li>
<li>
"Diversity and Inclusion, Debian Redux", by Lucy Wayland <a href="https://aardvarkoffnord.wordpress.com/2016/11/12/diversity-and-inclusion-debian-redux/";>https://aardvarkoffnord.wordpress.com/2016/11/12/diversity-and-inclusion-debian-redux/</a>
</li>

<li>
Core Infrastructure Initiative Renews Funding for the Reproducible Builds Project. More Debian developers funded
</li>
<li>
Uwe Kleine-König: Installing Debian Stretch on an Omnia Turris <a href="https://blog.kleine-koenig.org/ukl/installing-debian-stretch-on-an-omnia-turris.html";>https://blog.kleine-koenig.org/ukl/installing-debian-stretch-on-an-omnia-turris.html</a>
</li>
<li>
Niels Thykier: Improvements in apt-file 3.1.2 <a href="https://nthykier.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/improvements-in-apt-file-3-1-2/";>https://nthykier.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/improvements-in-apt-file-3-1-2/</a>
</li>

<li>
Call for proposals for the upcoming Mini Debian Conference Japan 2016 <a href="https://lists.debian.org/debian-events-apac/2016/11/msg00000.html";>https://lists.debian.org/debian-events-apac/2016/11/msg00000.html</a>
</li>
<li>
New DDs and DMs in September and October 2016. Congratulations! <a href="https://bits.debian.org/2016/11/new-developers-2016-10.html";>https://bits.debian.org/2016/11/new-developers-2016-10.html</a>
</li>
<li>
The transition to OpenSSL 1.1.0 has started in unstable <a href="https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2016/11/msg00001.html";>https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2016/11/msg00001.html</a>
</li>
<li>
Nueva lista de correo Debian para la comunidad colombiana <a href="https://lists.debian.org/debian-dug-co/";>https://lists.debian.org/debian-dug-co/</a>
</li>

<li>
New mailing list created for Debian events in the Asia/Pacific region
</li>

<li>
New mailing list created for porting Debian to free and open RISC-V CPU arch
</li>

<li>
Steve McIntyre: Twenty years...
</li>
<li>
Report from the first meeting in Curitiba to talk about the Bid to DebConf18 <a href="http://softwarelivre.org/debianbrasil/blog/report-from-the-first-meeting-in-curitiba-to-talk-about-the-bid-to-debconf18";>http://softwarelivre.org/debianbrasil/blog/report-from-the-first-meeting-in-curitiba-to-talk-about-the-bid-to-debconf18</a>
</li>
</ul>

<ul>
<li>Stretch will be released for 10 architectures. Changes from Jessie: removal of powerpc and adding of mips64el. <a href="https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2016/10/msg00008.html";>https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2016/10/msg00008.html</a>
</li>
<li>
LWN.net: Browserified JavaScript in Debian <a href="https://lwn.net/Articles/703840/";>https://lwn.net/Articles/703840/</a>
</li>

<li>
Laura Arjona Reina: "Rankings, Condorcet and free software: Calculating the results for the Stretch Artwork Survey" <a href="https://larjona.wordpress.com/2016/10/25/rankings-condorcet-and-free-software-calculating-the-results-for-the-stretch-artwork-survey/";>https://larjona.wordpress.com/2016/10/25/rankings-condorcet-and-free-software-calculating-the-results-for-the-stretch-artwork-survey/</a>
</li>

<li>
DSA and FTP masters will move some Debian services to new machines this weekend <a href="https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2016/10/msg00005.html";>https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2016/10/msg00005.html</a>
</li>
<li>
Debian mirrors have been busy serving the last security kernel update the last 24h. Did you already update? <a href="https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2016/msg00277.html";>https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2016/msg00277.html</a>
</li>
<li>
LWN: Supporting UEFI secure boot in Debian <a href="https://lwn.net/Articles/703001/";>https://lwn.net/Articles/703001/</a>
</li>

<li>
Misc Developer News issue #42 released <a href="https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2016/10/msg00004.html";>https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2016/10/msg00004.html</a>
</li>
<li>
Happy 20th Birthday, KDE! <a href="https://dot.kde.org/2016/10/14/happy-20th-birthday-kde";>https://dot.kde.org/2016/10/14/happy-20th-birthday-kde</a>
</li>
<li>
Norbert Tretkowski writes about Gajim plugins packaged for Debian
</li>

<li>
About Pacemaker HA stack in Debian Jessie
</li>
<li>
Debian is participating in the next round of Outreachy! <a href="https://bits.debian.org/2016/10/debian-is-participating-in-the-next-round-of-outreachy.html";>https://bits.debian.org/2016/10/debian-is-participating-in-the-next-round-of-outreachy.html</a>
</li>
<li>
Several donations boost reliability of Debian's core infrastructure
</li>
<li>
Stretch transition freeze starts in a month, if you have transitions to do now is the moment <a href="https://nthykier.wordpress.com/2016/10/01/stretch-transition-freeze-in-a-month/";>https://nthykier.wordpress.com/2016/10/01/stretch-transition-freeze-in-a-month/</a>
</li>
</ul>

<ul>
<li>
Debian Brazil Community will be present at Latinoware 2016 <a href="http://softwarelivre.org/debianbrasil/blog/debian-brazil-community-will-be-present-at-latinoware-2016";>http://softwarelivre.org/debianbrasil/blog/debian-brazil-community-will-be-present-at-latinoware-2016</a>
</li>
<li>
Debian Project mourns the loss of Kristoffer H. Rose <a href="https://www.debian.org/News/2016/20160927";>https://www.debian.org/News/2016/20160927</a>
</li>
<li>
Updated Debian 8: 8.6 released <a href="https://www.debian.org/News/2016/20160917";>https://www.debian.org/News/2016/20160917</a>
</li>
<li>
debhelper 10 is now available in unstable
</li>
</ul>

<ul>
<li>Debian turns 23. Happy birthday Debian!
</li>
<li>
Tor Project took inspiration from Debian for its social contract
</li>
<li>
Chaoskey 1.0 released (USB hardware random number generator)
</li>

<li>
Debian's GnuPG package is moving from the classic to the modern branch.
</li>
<li>
Debian and Tor Services available as Onion Services
</li>
<li>
Do you use iptables? A lot of updates are coming. Thank you, Arturo!
</li>
</ul>

<ul>
<li>
Debian static websites are now available as Onion services. The list of services may be found on
</li>
<li>
Thanks DSA! and congratulations in the SysAdmin Day!
</li>
</ul>

<toc-add-entry name="continuedpn">Want to continue reading DPN?</toc-add-entry>
<continue-dpn />

#use wml::debian::projectnews::footer editor="The Publicity Team with contributions from Sean Whitton, Paulo Henrique Santana, Stefano Zacchiroli, Holger Levsen, Justin B. Rye"
# Please add the contributors to the /dpn/CREDITS file
# Translators may also add a translator="foo, bar, baz" to the previous line