Re: Preparing short article for BOSS adoption by Tamil Nadu government (India)

Hi

El 27/03/14 23:09, SB escribió:
Dear list members,

I am going to write a small article concerning the adoption of the BOSS
GNU/Linux by the government of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu for the current
issue DPN 06/14. I hope that nobody else is working on the same story, in order
to avoid duplicated work.
I think I will have finished the article by late tomorrow evening.

Kind regards

Stephan

By the way, is there any site that explains in detail how to connect to #debian
publicity via irc.debian.org? I made a few attempts but I could not establish a
connection.

You can try the webchat in your browser:
http://webchat.oftc.net/?channels=#debian-publicity

I use XChat (apt-get install xchat). When you open it, there's a list of servers, where you should choose "OFTC". You choose a nickname, connect, and then, when it welcomes you, at the bottom, in the box where you can write, you enter the command:
/join #debian-publicity

For the client desktop and general use of IRC, this guide helped me:

http://www.linuxchix.org/irc-beginners.html

Regards

--
Laura Arjona Reina