Re: Debian identi.ca account/group after migration to pump.io

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 4:52 PM, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> I've been following this discussion only tangentially, but I think this
> is a brilliant idea. After all what we, as in Debian, care about is
> having a feed of "tweets" (in its broadest meaning of short messages)
> and deliver them via existing social networks, publicly endorsing only
> the free ones. Doing so in a central, stable, and social-network
> agnostic; and then generate from it the social-network-specific feeds
> seems definitely the right way to approach the problem.

It has a couple of disadvantages I can think of:

The release live-denting will be hard to do since updates via RSS
won't be realtime. Perhaps this can be mitigated with some CVS hooks
though.

It is a push-only model, no interaction with people from the social
networks that we push to. We didn't really spend any time on this so
far so it isn't a regression. It would probably take a lot of effort
to keep up with all the comments on all the networks. I used to read
some of them a while ago but stopped while travelling.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise