Re: greater popularity of Debian on AMD64?

Hi,

On Wednesday 05 September 2012 20:17:52 Ben Hutchings wrote:

> I've previously requested that various user-facing references to
> 'i386' and 'amd64' should be changed to the hopefully more
> understandable '32-bit PC' and '64-bit PC', with some success.  Please
> could the publicity team try to follow this convention in future
> press/publicity material?

Why not? Debian already explains on the website what an operating system is, so
this is just logical. Regarding the other architectures, we could leave them as
they are, since the usual users aren't interested in them.

Greetings
Erik
--
Linux User: 499744