News boilerplates

[Subscribed only to debian-www]

Dear press team,

During translation of the last news release (20110122) I noticed
a typo in the "About Debian" paragraph. Quoting it for reference:

    The Debian Project is an association of Free Software developers
    who volunteer their time and effort in order to produce the
    completely free operating systems Debian GNU/Linux.

I think "systems" on the last line should be "system". Digging through
the old stable update news releases, it seems to me that the source of
the misspelling is the removal of " and Debian GNU/Hurd" from the end
in 2006. I have already fixed the text on the website (keeping current
translations current).

It is interesting that other news releases use a larger "About Debian"
paragraph:

    The Debian Project was founded in 1993 by Ian Murdock to be
    a truly free, community project. Since then the project has grown
    to be one of the largest and most influential open source
    projects. Over three thousand volunteers from all over the world
    work together to create and maintain Debian software. Translated
    into over 65 languages, and supporting a huge range of computer
    types, Debian calls itself the "universal operating system".

Maybe you'd want to merge these?

I wonder if there is a way to ease the translation of the bolierplates
by using gettext or some other shared resource.