Re: Debian base mint.

On Sep 7, 2010, at 22:35, Roman Khomasuridze wrote:

> Hello kind people.
>
> Quite pleasant information, Linux Mint released Debian testing  based edition
> http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=1527

Fascinating. I'll write a short paragraph about this in the DPN - thanks Roman.

I'm not 100% sure that their FAQ is correct when it says;

"1. Is LMDE compatible with Ubuntu-based Linux Mint editions?
No, it is not. LMDE is compatible with Debian, which isn’t compatible with Ubuntu."

Debian is compatible with Ubuntu, or at least many Debian packages are since Ubuntu is based on Debian. Perhaps they mean can you simply replace your atp/sources.list with repos from Ubuntu if you're running Mint Debian.

If I read through the lines, Linux Mint seems to be frustrated with Ubuntu as their upstream; "we're fully in control of the system without being impacted by upstream decisions."

Interesting to see how this plays out.

Jeremiah