Re: news about debian-women wiki

Hi all.

Il 30/05/2010 18:22, David Prévot ha scritto:
>> href="http://lists.debian.org/20100525173727.GA5200@pryan.ekaia.org";>migration</a>
>> of the <a href="http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen";>Debian-Women wiki</a> into
>> the Debian wiki.</p>
>
> By the way, I intentionally didn't link the initial message from the
> word "announced" as it is usually done in the DPN: I think it's an error
> to link something from a verb [1] (for accessibility purpose: the user
> is supposed to be linked from a meaningful non verbal phrase, since the
> link is not doing any action). I use to act this way in the French
> translation, is it fine if I modify existing links in the DPN to fit
> this usage?
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/noClickHere

Personally, I disagree: while I'm totally for avoiding as much as
possible the use of "click here", I think that here the link is most
correctly put on the word "announced", because the target of the link is
the announce itself. I'd leave links on other words as "migration" for
links that directly belong to the facts being discussed, if there is one.

Regarding the document you link, as I said before, I don't like the
"click here" sentence either, but sometimes I still prefer it if the
alternative form would require to put the phrase in a strange way. For
example, I really don't like the proposed alternative "Get Amaya!",
because (also depending on the context) it could be a too short phrase,
not gathering enough the visitor's attention.

Cheers, Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>
Pisa, Italy