Re: [Debconf-discuss] Summary of the publicity BOF

On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 01:58:36PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, Meike Reichle wrote:
> > 	planet.debian.org
> > * We should aggregate debian-announce on planet.debian.org. Many people
> > seem to take it as a general information source on Debian.
> > * Many people post information about newsworthy things in their blogs,
> > because they don't know where else to put it. A better news aggregation
> > service (see above) should help this. Some also just don't want the extra
> > work, it would be worthwhile to pick their news off planet and add them to
> > the aggregation ourselves.
> > * To this end there was a proposal to add a feature to planet.d.o and
> > maybe also the mailing lists that provides a link that can be clicked in
> > order to suggest a post to the news aggregation service.
>
> Full ack on this. IMO we should really create a central news service that
> aggregates:
> - debian-announce / debian-news mails
> - some cherry picked planet.d.o posts (maybe even from other blogs from
>   time to time, there are some interesting stuff on planet.ubuntu.com for
>   instance)
> - maybe times.debian.net if it's not redundant with
>   debian-announce/debian-news
>
> I would be interested to help run/setup such a service although I don't
> know what software could be used for this.

I am currently doing the setup of something similar but it is not 100 %
this.
I presented one previous idea in the bof, but i am not sure if i did not
introduce it properly or just people did not like it. Still I think it is
worth invest my time on trying it.
More information coming very soon.

Ana