Re: Call for opinions: slogan for the Lenny release ?

2008/10/13 martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org>:
> also sprach Fernando Cerezal <kryptos21@gmail.com> [2008.10.12.2345 +0200]:
>> In the other hand, Debian supports three kernels, supports xen and
>> kvm, its package tools have been improvement, it supports new releases
>
> lenny will not support xen properly. It's not ready for me at all.

For domU yes, for dom0 when the next version of xen be released.
However, you don't need to look for so deep: there is no driver for my
usb webcam, for example.
Obviously a short sentence will be false in a lot of cases, what we
need is the people at least consider to use Debian and they see if it
is ready for them or not.

We should present Debian like the best of the bests, other people will
put it as yet another Linux or even the worst Linux becase it is too
complex, etc.. so the concept is balanced.

Now the concept is that Debian is too complex and only is suitable for
advanced users, geeks and professional IT geeks. The ordinary IT
professional uses RH or Suse, and the ordinary home user uses Ubuntu.
All them did publicity for their name was so located and they fed the
legend about Debian is too complex.

They will continue this way, we can do something.. or not.