Re: Can we change our position on CC BY 2.0 and 2.5 ?

Hi,

Am 25.01.13 15:07, schrieb Charles Plessy:
There are also moin, netcdf-java, vlc, or wxmaxima, which either have an
inaccurate copyright file or contain files licensed under CC-BY-(SA-)2.5
(and pinta with by-nc-nd-2.5).

Note that I have not tried to be exhaustive in my search.

I have to apologise for netcdf-java as I think I have wrote on Debian Med's
mailing list that the CC-BY and CC-BY-SA licenses 2.5 are suitable for Debian.

there have been discussions on debian-legal about the CC versions and their issues. AFAIK you can always upgrade the version of the CC license. Upgrading the license through debian/copyright should work if you cannot convince the upstream developers.

Cheers,
Torsten