Re: DAM queues processing

Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>> I'd be perfectly fine with FD being the last review step, and DAM
>> "just" in charge of creating the account, trusting FD judgement.
>>
>> What would we be missing that way?
>
> What you miss is that I move all problematic candidates to DAM with the comment
> "I'm not entirely happy, but its your job to decide..."
> Also it is good to have more than one person read the mboxes, sometimes you just
> miss important points/words because you're braindead after reading too many mails.

If the FD doesn't have the power to decide whether to accept somebody or not,
what is the point of it reviewing candidacies, specially if later the DAM will
review it anyway?

From an NM point of view, my feeling is:

"I hope the Keyring Maintainers and the DSA don't feel like reviewing everything
*again* to add my key to the keyring and to give me access to the developer
machines"

If there was just one body that reviewed that everything was OK, and then
created all the required stuff, things would be so much smooth. And if you want
more eyes, well, there already was the AM, but if more are needed, they could be
another FD member. No need for 5 different teams IMHO.

I hope that explains,
Emilio