DAM queues processing

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:06:29PM +0200, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> No way. Most reports show that a lot of NMs don't know about a lot
> of things asked during the NM process. This is true even for those
> who are DM already. And reading the AM report of those who obviously
> know what they're doing is not a problem at all. At least from my
> point of view (with my FD hat on) it takes *MUCH* more time to read
> trough a mbox of an applicant who is not able to answer all
> questions easily and who did not show in an obvious way that he will
> be a good DD with a good common knowledge.

This is all good and I'm very happy that you (as well as other FD team
members, I'm sure) review those mailboxes so thoroughly. The fact that
after that step, people can wait for 6 months for account creation is
the problem pointed out by Lucas and not addressed by your reply.

The question which is not answered is: why, after FD review, we should
wait for *another* review by DAM?

I'd be perfectly fine with FD being the last review step, and DAM
"just" in charge of creating the account, trusting FD judgement.

What would we be missing that way?

Cheers.