Re: Discussion: Possible GR: Enhance requirements for General Resolutions

>> Therefore the Debian project resolves that
>>  a) The constitution gets changed to not require K developers to sponsor
>>     a resolution, but floor(2Q). [see §4.2(1)]
>>  b) Delaying a decision of a Delegate or the DPL [§4.2(2.2)],
>>     as well as resolutions against a shortening of discussion/voting
>>     period or to overwrite a TC decision [§4.2(2.3)] requires floor(Q)
>>     developers to sponsor the resolution.
>>  c) the definition of K gets erased from the constitution. [§4.2(7)]
> Thanks for bringing this up. I feel that 2Q is possibly too large
> however. I'd suggest:

> Therefore the Debian project resolves that:
>   a) Section 4.2 of the Debian Constitution is amended, replacing all
>   references to K with Q.
>   b) 4.2.7 is reworded to state:
>      Q is half of the square root of the number of current Developers.
> 	 Q need not be an integer and is not rounded.

Interesting, that makes it harder to stop a delegate as compared to my
proposal. Not that thats bad. :)

> Reasoning:
> a) Q people should be enough to start a GR. The use of the "override a
>    delegate's decision immediately" is something that should not be
>    taken lightly. This should still require 2Q.

Ok. Fine.

> b) No more reference to K, tidy up. Keep the non-rounded float nature
> of Q.

Hm. Fine.

So, those that spoke up yet mostly think Q instead of 2Q for normal GRs.
Could change my text, its at least 3 times the size as of now, yes.
Or we have 2 vote options, one for 2Q, one for Q. What makes more sense?
Guess changing mine, to avoid confusion/too many options?! (All just
dreaming ahead to a possible vote :) )

--
bye, Joerg
* libpng2 no libpng3 no why ? because no yes no yes no yes bullshit no yes